Important Message re: COVID-19
UPDATE 8th June 2020
We are delighted to announce that we are re-opening our doors soon again, the wait is almost over! Following on from the government's recent announcement, we have received so many lovely messages, calls and emails over the weekend, and we are delighted to let you know that we are reopening our hotel bedrooms (and Leisure Club facilities for residents) on FRIDAY 10th JULY!
We will be opening The Ardilaun Bistro, along with our Afternoon Tea and Meeting Room facilities on Monday 29th June.
These timelines above give us time to prepare, and have a very safe welcoming hotel for our colleagues, and guests coming back to The Ardilaun, so that you can enjoy a stress free and well deserved break in Galway in the near future, your home away from home.
Check out our special offers page HERE
We will continue to keep all our followers and friends up to date on what is being done behind the scenes via our social media channels also and please feel free to contact our team via the normal communication channels should you have any questions, wish to move a pending reservation or just to keep in touch.
The Ardilaun's Response to COVID-19
Caring for our guests and employees is always priority. We are committed to the highest level of safety around this issue.
While we consistently maintain high standards of hygiene in our property, we have implemented additional measures in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19). These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from the HSE and the WHO and are under ongoing review.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
The Team’s Responsibility
· Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
· Team Members will maintain social distancing guidelines with both guests and other team members at all times
· Team members will ensure highest level of hygiene at all times, washing hands frequently throughout the day
· Team members will disclose any illness or possibility of inability to work due to illness regardless of how mild symptoms may be.
· Posters in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
· Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles / reception desk / elevator buttons) – using products which are effective in killing the virus
· provided sanitiser stations throughout the buildings
· We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points.
· Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
· Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
· We have circulated HSE & WHO guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees.
· All guests are asked to maintain HSE guidelines and maintain social distance from staff and other guests at all times. Posters will be on display in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
· Guests are required to inform a staff member, if feeling unwell at any stage throughout their stay or if a temperature develop is present or develops.
· An express service for check out will be provided by asking guests to process payment on arrival to allow a speedy check out without queues forming
· The hotel will operate on a reduced occupancy level to adhere to Government guidelines, allowing a safe space for social distancing
· Service - we will use disposable service cloths
· Breakfast – Table service for all breakfast in the hotel
· Masks -Medical masks available for purchase for any guests who wish to avail of them
Accommodation & Cleaning
Our guests safety is of utmost importance, we have procedures in place to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene are met.
Procedures for Cleaning Bedrooms
· Guest bedrooms and bathrooms will be deep cleaned daily
· We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
· Door handles & doors will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
· All linen and towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
· Bedrooms will be sprayed with sanitiser after cleaning
· Please be advised all bedrooms will take additional time to clean ensuring all bedrooms are santised to the highest standard. Due to additional procedures, unofrtunately we cannot guarantee an early check in and ask all of our guests to be patient with us.
Public Areas & Cleaning in the hotel
· Hand sanitiser will be available in various points throughout the property
· Management team will check all public areas every 30 minutes
· All public areas will be deep cleaned on a daily basis
· Elevator and Elevator buttons will be cleaned and sanitised daily
· All door handles & handrails will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
· All linen & towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
· All public areas will be routinely (at regular intervals) be sprayed with sanitiser
Food & Beverage Service:
· Dining options are available for table service only from 9am to 9pm daily
· Table numbers will be limited to a max of 6 per table
· Tables will be distanced from each other adhering to Government guidelines
· Beverages are served ( including beverages with alcohol ) are permitted with the consumption of food
· Regular cleaning and sanitsing of tables throughout the day and after each use
The Ardilaun Leisure Club & Avalon Beauty Salon
· The pool and gym are available for residents to use, however due to social distancing, all guests must pre-book a time slot in advance. Guests will be asked to change and shower in their bedroom.
· Gym users have access to the gym only, come ready to work out and shower in their own room after.
· Pre-booking is advised to avoid disappointment. To do so, please contact the leisure club directly by emailing email@example.com, call 091 514 700 or ext. 680 from your bedroom.
For more information – please read our Leisure Club updates HERE
GUIDELINES FOR CUSTOMERS
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
· Wash hands properly and regularly
1. Before and after eating or drinking
2. After going to the toilet, nose blowing, sneezing or coughing
3. After cleaning procedures, handling waste and waste bins
4. After handling contaminated (dirty) items
5. Whenever hands become visibly dirty
6. If in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
· Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing:
· Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
· Place used tissues into a sealed bin – wash your hands
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
· Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
HIGH RISK GROUPS
If you are in a high risk group, consider if travel is in your best interest. Discuss your concerns with your doctor by phone and keep your distance from people who are sick.
Those considered to be at higher risk for COVID-19 include the following:
· People aged 65 years and older
· People with long-term medical conditions – for example, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or liver disease
SYMPTOMS TO LOOK OUT FOR
· A cough
· Shortness of breath
· Breathing difficulties
· Fever (high temperature)
The Ardilaun Hotel has a full list of protocols to follow should a colleague or guest become ill. These guidelines do not constitute legal advice and are purely for guidance.
We will post further updates in due course.