Important Message re: COVID-19
Updated May 29th 2020
We are delighted to let you know we will be in a position to re-open our doors here at The Ardilaun Hotel, Galway on 20th July 2020, following the recent announcement by the government on the nation’s road to recovery. Ultimately, we believe we have a social responsibility to do everything within our power to fight the spread of COVID-19.
Our reservations and events team continue to work remotely and the priority is to communicate with booked guests to ensure they are taken care of. We will continue to keep all our followers and friends up to date on what is being done behind the scenes via our social media channels also and please feel free to contact our team via the normal communication channels should you have any questions, wish to move a pending reservation or just to keep in touch.
The Ardilaun's Response to COVID-19
Caring for our guests and employees is always priority. We are committed to the highest level of safety around this issue.
While we consistently maintain high standards of hygiene in our property, we have implemented additional measures in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19). These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from the HSE and the WHO and are under ongoing review.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
The Team’s Responsibility
· Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
· Team Members will maintain social distancing guidelines with both guests and other team members at all times
· Team members will ensure highest level of hygiene at all times, washing hands frequently throughout the day
· Team members will disclose any illness or possibility of inability to work due to illness regardless of how mild symptoms may be.
· Posters in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
· Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles / reception desk / elevator buttons) – using products which are effective in killing the virus
· provided sanitiser stations throughout the buildings
· We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points.
· Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
· Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
· We have circulated HSE & WHO guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees.
· All guests are asked to maintain HSE guidelines and maintain social distance from staff and other guests at all times. Posters will be on display in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
· Guests are required to inform a staff member, if feeling unwell at any stage throughout their stay or if a temperature develop is present or develops.
· An express service for check out will be provided by asking guests to process payment on arrival to allow a speedy check out without queues forming
· The hotel will operate on a reduced occupancy level to adhere to Government guidelines, allowing a safe space for social distancing
· Service - we will use disposable service cloths
· Breakfast – Table service for all breakfast in the hotel
· Masks -Medical masks available for purchase for any guests who wish to avail of them
Accommodation & Cleaning
Our guests safety is of utmost importance, we have procedures in place to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene are met.
Procedures for Cleaning Bedrooms
· Guest bedrooms and bathrooms will be deep cleaned daily
· We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
· Door handles & doors will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
· All linen and towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
· Bedrooms will be sprayed with sanitiser after cleaning
Public Areas & Cleaning in the hotel
· Hand sanitiser will be available in various points throughout the property
· Management team will check all public areas every 30 minutes
· All public areas will be deep cleaned on a daily basis
· Elevator and Elevator buttons will be cleaned and sanitised daily
· All door handles & handrails will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
· All linen & towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
· All public areas will be routinely (at regular intervals) be sprayed with sanitiser
Food & Beverage Service:
· Dining options are available for table service only from 9am to 9pm daily
· Table numbers will be limited to a max of 6 per table
· Tables will be distanced from each other adhering to Government guidelines
· Beverages are served ( including beverages with alcohol ) are permitted with the consumption of food
· Regular cleaning and sanitsing of tables throughout the day and after each use
GUIDELINES FOR CUSTOMERS
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
· Wash hands properly and regularly
1. Before and after eating or drinking
2. After going to the toilet, nose blowing, sneezing or coughing
3. After cleaning procedures, handling waste and waste bins
4. After handling contaminated (dirty) items
5. Whenever hands become visibly dirty
6. If in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
· Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing:
· Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
· Place used tissues into a sealed bin – wash your hands
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
· Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
HIGH RISK GROUPS
If you are in a high risk group, consider if travel is in your best interest. Discuss your concerns with your doctor by phone and keep your distance from people who are sick.
Those considered to be at higher risk for COVID-19 include the following:
· People aged 65 years and older
· People with long-term medical conditions – for example, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or liver disease
SYMPTOMS TO LOOK OUT FOR
· A cough
· Shortness of breath
· Breathing difficulties
· Fever (high temperature)
The Ardilaun Hotel has a full list of protocols to follow should a colleague or guest become ill. These guidelines do not constitute legal advice and are purely for guidance.
We will post further updates in due course.