Important Message re: COVID-19
March 22nd 2020
The Ardilaun Hotel & Leisure Club have taken the difficult decision to temporarily close it’s doors until April 18th, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and as a precautionary measure to protect the health and wellbeing of our team, our guests and our community. We will keep you updated of any changes in accordance with government guidelines and recommendations.
Our thoughts and thanks at this time are with those on the front lines of our health & public services.
We remain open for future bookings through our website and by phone, and are available to answer any queries on your future stays or event enquiries. Please telephone+353 (0) 91521433 or contact us here.
The Ardilaun's Response to COVID-19
Caring for our guests and employees is always priority. We are committed to the highest level of safety around this issue.
While we consistently maintain high standards of hygiene in our property, we have implemented additional measures in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19). These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from the HSE and the WHO and are under ongoing review.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
While the situation is still evolving rapidly, we know it is important to be prepared to deal with any escalation in the spread of the virus and have the following actions in place:
· Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
· Posters in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
· Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles / reception desk / elevator buttons) – using products which are effective in killing the virus
· We have provided sanitiser stations throughout the buildings
· We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points
· Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
· Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
· We have circulated HSE & WHO guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees
· We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
· We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
· We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating. We ask that our customers do the same and follow the HSE & WHO guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19.
GUIDELINES FOR CUSTOMERS
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
· Wash hands properly and regularly
1. Before and after eating or drinking
2. After going to the toilet, nose blowing, sneezing or coughing
3. After cleaning procedures, handling waste and waste bins
4. After handling contaminated (dirty) items
5. Whenever hands become visibly dirty
6. If in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
· Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing:
· Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
· Place used tissues into a sealed bin – wash your hands
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
· Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
HIGH RISK GROUPS
If you are in a high risk group, consider if travel is in your best interest. Discuss your concerns with your doctor by phone and keep your distance from people who are sick.
Those considered to be at higher risk for COVID-19 include the following:
· People aged 65 years and older
· People with long-term medical conditions – for example, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or liver disease
SYMPTOMS TO LOOK OUT FOR
· A cough
· Shortness of breath
· Breathing difficulties
· Fever (high temperature)
The Ardilaun Hotel has a full list of protocols to follow should a colleague or guest become ill. These guidelines do not constitute legal advice and are purely for guidance.
We will post further updates in due course.