We have a health and safety protocol in place in line with the most up to date advice from the HSE, Failte Ireland and Governmenet Policy to make sure you are safe during your stay
Read more here for further information on the most up to date Failte Ireland guidelines for Hotels
For details of your pre- arrival, an email will be sent to you before you travel to The Ardilaun Hotel
to include advice on check in, dining and leisure facilites as part of your stay with us
We are delighted to be accredited with Failte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter.
When you see this symbol, rest assured that the hotel is a safe place to visit and work in.
Caring for our guests and employees is always priority. We are committed to the highest level of safety around this issue.
While we consistently maintain high standards of hygiene in our property, we have implemented additional measures in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19). These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from the HSE and the WHO and are under ongoing review.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
The Team’s Responsibility
- Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
- Team Members will maintain social distancing guidelines with both guests and other team members at all times
- Team members will ensure highest level of hygiene at all times, washing hands frequently throughout the day
- Team members will disclose any illness or possibility of inability to work due to illness regardless of how mild symptoms may be.
- Posters in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles / reception desk / elevator buttons) – using products which are effective in killing the virus
- Provided sanitiser stations throughout the buildings
- We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points.
- Extra public area staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of commonly touched surfaces
- Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
- We have circulated HSE & WHO guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees.
- All guests are asked to maintain HSE guidelines and maintain social distance from staff and other guests at all times. Posters will be on display in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Face coverings are now compulsory in all public areas of the hotel. All guests are required to wear face coverings in public areas in line with Government guidelines, protecting the health and safety of guests and staff.
- Guests are required to inform a staff member, if feeling unwell at any stage throughout their stay or if a temperature develop is present or develops.
- Check in time has been updated to 16h00 to ensure all rooms are cleaned and sanitized to our highest standard
- An express service for check out will be provided by asking guests to process payment on arrival to allow a speedy check out without queues forming
- The hotel will operate on a reduced occupancy level to adhere to Government guidelines, allowing a safe space for social distancing
- Service - we will use disposable service cloths
- Breakfast – Table service for all breakfast in the hotel
- Masks -Medical masks available for purchase for any guests who wish to avail of them
Accommodation & Cleaning
Our guests safety is of utmost importance, we have procedures in place to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene are met.
Procedures for Cleaning Bedrooms
- Considering the health and safety of our staff and guests, daily servicing of bedrooms will be on a request basis only if a guest is comfortable with their room being entered. A request can be made to reception for the room to be serviced. Fresh towels & room amenities are availble upon request daily.
- Guest bedrooms and bathrooms will be deep cleaned daily
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- Door handles & doors will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
- All linen and towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
- Bedrooms will be sprayed with sanitiser after cleaning
· Please be advised all bedrooms will take additional time to clean ensuring all bedrooms are santised to the highest standard.
Due to additional procedures, unofrtunately we cannot guarantee an early check in and ask all of our guests to be patient with us.
Public Areas & Cleaning in the hotel
- Hand sanitiser will be available in various points throughout the property
- Management team will check all public areas every 30 minutes
- All public areas will be deep cleaned on a daily basis
- Elevator and Elevator buttons will be cleaned and sanitised daily
- All door handles & handrails will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
- All linen & towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
- All public areas will be routinely (at regular intervals) be sprayed with sanitiser
Food & Beverage Service:
- Dining options are available for table service only from 12pm to 9pm daily
- Table numbers will be limited to a max of 6 people (multiple table bookings not allowed)
- Tables will be distanced from each other adhering to Government guidelines
- Beverages are served (including beverages with alcohol) are permitted with the consumption
- Regular cleaning and sanitsing of tables throughout the day and after each use
The Ardilaun Leisure Club
- The pool and gym are available for residents to use.
For more information – please read our Leisure Club updates HERE
GUIDELINES FOR CUSTOMERS
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection:
1. Wash hands properly and regularly
- Before and after eating or drinking
- After going to the toilet, nose blowing, sneezing or coughing
- After cleaning procedures, handling waste and waste bins
- After handling contaminated (dirty) items
- Whenever hands become visibly dirty
- If in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
2. Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing:
- Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
- Place used tissues into a sealed bin – wash your hands
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
4. Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
HIGH RISK GROUPS
If you are in a high risk group, consider if travel is in your best interest. Discuss your concerns with your doctor by phone and keep your distance from people who are sick.
Those considered to be at higher risk for COVID-19 include the following:
· People aged 65 years and older
· People with long-term medical conditions – for example, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or liver disease
SYMPTOMS TO LOOK OUT FOR
Shortness of breath
Fever (high temperature)
The Ardilaun Hotel has a full list of protocols to follow should a colleague or guest become ill. These guidelines do not constitute legal advice and are purely for guidance.
We will post further updates in due course
Check out our offers to book your stay with us
We look foward to welcoming you to the Ardilaun hotel for a safe and enjoyable visit