- 200g Plain Flour
- 100g Butter
- 50g Demerara Sugar
- 7/8 Stalks Rhubarb (picked fresh from The Ardilaun Garden - cleaned and chopped)
- 4 Tablespoons of Golden Caster Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 5.
- Lightly grease an ovenproof pie dish or casserole dish.
- Put the rhubarb, golden caster sugar and water into a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes until rhubarb breaks down and softens into a stew.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble by putting the flour and demerara sugar into a bowl. Add the butter/margarine and rub into the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the stewed rhubarb to the greased dish, spread the crumble mixture over this, sprinkle a little demerara sugar and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown, as the sugar caramelises nicely.
Serve with custard, freshly whipped cream or a dollop of Greek yoghurt, and most importantly… ENJOY!